Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Single type GB Fouga Magister; proposal group build
Topic Started: May 5 2014, 03:18 PM (2,491 Views)
BKirwan
Member Avatar

Gents,
We have seen a lot of interest in the Fouga Magister in the last year with the release of the Kinetic &Wingman 1:48 kits and the new 1:72 range of Valom kits. There is still the Avant Garde and MPM kits to come. Joe Maxwell has re-released his 1:72 and 1:48 decals sheets giving the modeller lots and lots of options. There is plenty of colour and exotic users to choose from. Certainly doesnt have to be all IAC stuff either.
Wouldn't be a great way to thank Joe Maxwell for all he has given us if we got a table full of Magister kits built at some point down the road?

Who is up for it ? Lend your support this proposal please.
Kind regards
Brian

P.S. Yes, I still have to finish my FM Magister but the man cave has been out of commission for the last 4 months. Hope to restart it soon. :-"
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Admin

Five endorsements puts you on the next poll, which isn't all that far away.

Barry
Member Avatar

Going to be a very interesting next vote...I''ll be first to support this

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
I am not against, but, at the same time, I cannot support this proposal as yet. Not until the Avant Garde kit is out.
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

Sounds great to me , Im in either at 1/72 or 1/48 (like idea of 'twin packs'!) .Its a deceptively small plane either way , isnt it?
Posted Image

Posted Image

BKirwan
Member Avatar

FiSe
May 5 2014, 04:33 PM
I am not against, but, at the same time, I cannot support this proposal as yet. Not until the Avant Garde kit is out.
Any idea when its due?.
Is there a commercial link between AG and MPM by any chance ?
Mpm published test shots of the 1:72 kit in November last year but they would want to get their finger out .....or we will be broke by the time they get to market with these .

Regards
Brian
Posted Image

Murfv
Member Avatar
Abuser Of Plastic
Well I finished 4 of the Heller ones last year, so I suppose another one or two could be on the cards, count me in.
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

Posted Image

Admin

BKirwan
May 5 2014, 07:56 PM
FiSe
May 5 2014, 04:33 PM
Any idea when its due?.
Is there a commercial link between AG and MPM by any chance ?
Mpm published test shots of the 1:72 kit in November last year but they would want to get their finger out .....or we will be broke by the time they get to market with these .

Regards
Brian
You know the next poll is quite busy at it is. If you wanted, in order to ensure all of the Fouga kits are out, you could delay to the poll after this one. Your choice of course.

Joseph M

Hi Sean,
How many proposals do we have at the moment for the next GB.
Cheers
Joe M
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator Finished 1/7/8
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Link

There is five in total at the moment.

BKirwan
Member Avatar

I am not opposed to skipping a vote and waiting till it is less busy. I stil have to have enough endorsements to proceed anyway.
Brian
Posted Image

Admin

Anything happening with this one? It needs another two endorsements, depending on whether Brian wants to go ahead.

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Single type group build Fouga Magister

Right lads
Seeings as how people are looking forward to 2015 and the group build proposals I thought I would give this one a bump up.
As already said in the previous posts , there are plenty of reasons why you should consider this proposal for Single type group build Fouga Magister .

New 1:72 kits released featuring an IAC option (Valom) and a new kit due to be released(MPM). Airfix box-top for their 1:72 re-relaease features IAC Magisters. There are new 1:48 kits form Kinetic and Wingman (Kinetic re-poped with extras inc. IAC options) and the MPM kit.

With plenty of decals options and a number of books you have tons of operators/ colour options. This doesn't have to be a IAC party by any means . In other words plenty of good reasons to spend your money on stuff you don't need. And you might actually build a kit which otherwise would languish in your stash.

So last orders , anybody interested in endorsing this proposal otherwise I am going to kill it off.
I need 2 more endorsements :>

Kind regards
Brian

Posted Image

Dermot
Member Avatar

Count me in.
Need a break from Tomcats!
Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

I also think the Fouga build is worth a chance to vote on .
Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Congratulations Brian, you have your five endorsements. You're going on the next poll in September.

Prenton
Member Avatar

So, Sean

We now have five for the poll, for a GB that presumably starts in January 2015 - is that right? Which we vote on in mid September 2014....

I am getting a bit confused. :ermm: :blink: :O .

Is all of that right?

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Yes, that's right.

Prenton
Member Avatar

Thanks.

And there could be more in the poll, if people get five names in by mid September......Oh dear!

P

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael M
Member Avatar

The more, the merrier ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Proposals · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: