Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Bat Boost; Moebius 1:25 Tumbler
Topic Started: Sep 11 2014, 10:55 PM (2,663 Views)
Manxman
Member Avatar

Like a few others here and and in no small way because of a lot of stop starts on mig 29 UB build, my mojo was in serious stall.

So taking advice from other posts. I decided to shelve the Mig and chose something different that I wanted to build and would be relatively quick but not quite easy.

So after a few weeks engineering down in the secret liar, out she rolls and instant "wham bam kapow" mojo back and ready to go deep in the sub build before getting all hands back on deck of the Iwo Jima. :)

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

For pictures of the build see https://www.flickr.com/photos/124486668@N08/sets/72157644823203379/
Pete

On the bench - What isn't 😀

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
Holy Guano Manxman! That's one sweet ride....

But I would weather the the tyres just a tiny little bit. Or is the bat cave really pristine? :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Michael M
Member Avatar

I guess it should be covered by bat's guano Sean ;)

Manxman
Member Avatar

I could be a smart arse ;) and say they got washed off as she rolled out through the secret entrance in the waterfall.

But in all fairness, it's the first wheeled vehicle done since back and just plain over looked them. So yeah I guess a bit of mud and guano shouldn't go amiss. Thanks for the tip Sean
Pete

Posted Image

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
Now the bat-bike from the same films and you're sorted for the possible bike GB... Nice looking tank :>
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

Manxman
Member Avatar

Filip, if that GB goes ahead I might just have to but then to complete the set I'd have to get this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/zack-snyder-reveals-new-batmobile-photo-from-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
Pete

Posted Image

Karl187
Member Avatar

Coooooooooooool! How was it to build?
Karl N. Hoy

On The Bench:

Ethiopian BMP-1 (Trumpeter 1/35)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Manxman
Member Avatar

As per Sean kindly pointing out I'd not weathered the tyres, I applied only a light mud dusting to tyres, and a light soot dusting to the rims for brake dust.

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Posted Image
Untitled by Manxman_ie

Just enough to take off the shine but not over the top to kill the dark look of the tumbler and the fact it travels mostly in city streets.

Karl, I have to say despite the a lot of the sprues being warped, only one actual model piece was effected and that was a rear shock that required cutting in three, the middle grey piece which had stretched required shortening and then refitted and aligned.

It was a lovely build and while the tank looks overly complicated it wasn't, hardest part was that the paint instructions they where just pictures of completed build at end with suggestions for colours so trick was to keep switching back and forth to build and paint to try to work out what to paint pre-build, what to paint during and then what when it all together.

As for the build I have to say the parts fitted well and while there was a few gaps in the sub armour section which filled easily the end armour just went together a treat.
Edited by Manxman, Sep 13 2014, 04:24 PM.
Pete

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Garage · Next Topic »
Add Reply