Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Group Build Calendar
Topic Started: Sep 16 2014, 08:00 PM (5,797 Views)
Admin

Current Group Builds

• Good Morning Vietnam: 4/12/ 2017 to 6/6/2018
  • Civilian Aircraft - Don Whitaker Tribute GB: 10/10/17 - 05/10/18
  • Sci-Fi: 01/03/18 - 01/09/18

Next Group Builds
  • Captured: 01/06/18 - 01/12/18

Edited by Admin, Mar 6 2018, 10:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prenton
Member Avatar

That's very useful, Sean.

Philip

(thanks for the amendment! now everything is clear.)
Edited by Prenton, Sep 17 2014, 01:04 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Admin

Because the Submarines GB actually started on the 15th and I accidentally wrote down the 18th. :P

Admin

This has now been updated.

Admin

I've updated the calendar again.

You'll notice the 1940's and Motorcycles GB have both used up their three turns and they will need five new proposals, each, to get back on the polls.

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Should the KUTA GB be in the Calendar as well Sean?

J.
On the bench -
Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F2001

Completed builds -
Click here

Admin

We're a but low on proposals at the moment and I'm sure many of you have ideas. Now would be a great time to put them up.

Prenton
Member Avatar

Alkatraz
Sep 2 2016, 07:24 PM
We're a but low on proposals at the moment and I'm sure many of you have ideas. Now would be a great time to put them up.
I may have missed this, Sean. What are the current proposals, and when is the vote?

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Admin

The poll will run on the 6th and the three proposals left are:

• Aerobatic Aircraft\Team
  • Ships / Boats
  • Oh What a Lovely War!

Edited by Admin, Sep 3 2016, 07:09 AM.

Admin

This has been partially updated; need to verify the ballot with my notes at home.

Prenton
Member Avatar

Looks like Joe's proposal for the next poll on 5th December - for Flying Boats/Float Planes - has got the necessary five assenters....

Philip
Edited by Prenton, Nov 9 2016, 09:40 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Now that Murfv's "What - If GB" proposal has got the required numbers, the vote should be interesting.....
P
Edited by Prenton, Nov 18 2016, 10:26 AM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Does that mean there are 5 proposals going forward for a vote on the 5th of December?
Of course, with 20+ active voters the difference in the results might be very small if all proposals get votes. Is that handy?

Bit of blasphemy here: Is it not worth considering to plan the last proposal(s) for inclusion later and let some of the older proposals which are on their third turn to have their last chance?

I know the vote on the proposal is not a clear indication of actual participation but given the number of proposal to the number of member’s maybe it’s worth considering.

kind regards
Brian
Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

I may be wrong here, but I think some of the earlier proposals have actually PASSED their three tries, and potentially the only old one left is Karl's "Oh what a lovely war" proposal (and Karl hasn't been seen or heard of for quite a time.....)

So far as I can see the new ones, with at least five votes, are:-

What If
Float planes
Weather events
Shelf Queen.

Sean (Alkatraz) can correct me if I am wrong....

Philip
Edited by Prenton, Nov 18 2016, 02:31 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

BKirwan
Nov 18 2016, 02:02 PM
I know the vote on the proposal is not a clear indication of actual participation but given the number of proposal to the number of member’s maybe it’s worth considering.

kind regards
Brian
Brian

I have endorsed three of the last four proposals - that does not mean that I don't have my favourite(s) - I usually assent so as to allow a proposal to get to a vote in the poll, not because (with one or two exceptions) that I am actually interested in participating.

So you are right - a vote ON a proposal is not a clear indication of actual participation.

However, a vote FOR a proposal in the poll is much more likely to be a clear indication of actual participation.....

At least in my case (and since we only have one vote each in the poll coming up on 5th December, I will use my vote carefully, for the GB in which I would most like to participate).

I would not, however, endorse your view that newer proposals should be deferred so that earlier ones get through - all are equal each time a poll comes up.

Philip
Edited by Prenton, Nov 18 2016, 04:03 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Philip,
I too am not sure of actual numbers of current proposals and if the number is low then there is indeed no problem. Perhaps Sean can clear it up?

On the matter of Karl , does anyone have any information on his well being. He was a very active member and I must say I miss his contribution around here.
Posted Image

Michael M
Member Avatar

Brian, don't you know that all the animals are equal, just some of them are more equal than the others.... ;)

Admin

See, above for the updated list.

I assume someone will be kind enough to take over Lovely War if Karl doesn't reappear.

Prenton
Member Avatar

Alkatraz
Nov 18 2016, 11:11 PM
See, above for the updated list.

I assume someone will be kind enough to take over Lovely War if Karl doesn't reappear.
Mmmm......

should be fun on the 5th of December. :-"

P

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Please see the original post above for the updated list, including the current entries for the next Poll (in two weeks' time). There is still time for someone to add a proposal and get five endorsements if they want.

Thanks...

J.
Edited by Jasonb, Feb 19 2017, 11:14 AM.
On the bench -
Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F2001

Completed builds -
Click here

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Proposals · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: