Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Cork Model Fair 2015; 3rd Cork Model Fair 01/02/2015 10.30-17.30 Metropol Hotel, Cork.
Topic Started: Jan 5 2015, 08:19 PM (2,268 Views)
Hypersonic

Hi Guys just letting you know that the Cork Model Fair 2015 is now open for Official Booking 01/02/2015 show, please contact if you want to display or sell at this show me either corkmodelfair@gmail.com or call 021 427 7100 Tues -Sat 10am-6pm ( 6ft x 2½ft table €12 ) Discount Entry for IPMS members with either, IPMS UK or Ireland up to date membership cards. All Welcome :wave:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prenton
Member Avatar

Folks

IPMS Ireland will have a display table at the show, and I have confirmed this with the organisers.

It would be ideal if a number of club members could display on the club table. I will be going down myself to Cork, very early that morning, and will have a couple of spaces in my car for those wishing to join me. Gerry Hanlon, our Chairman, is also intending to go with his own transport.

If you cannot make it, but are willing to show some of your complete models as part of the club display, then I'd be delighted to bring them for you. Please PM me and we can make arrangements.

Even if you are not displaying, I would recommend it - I understand from those who have been at previous shows that it is worth attending.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Anyone going?

Stephen Nolan and I are going down together by car, while Gerry will be there from Saturday.

Anyone else planning to be there??

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
Looks like worthwhile trip with all the manufacturers advertised.... an Irish Telford?

Won't make it, not this year - again... I am not looking for any kit, I have enough of paints and a few drops of glue left as well and most of the traders and die-cast tractors will be on display on shows in Ennis, Limerick and many other places throughout the year, so not sure if there's too much of gain to get from being there, in my personal point of view.
The 1st Fair one was busy enough almost on the edge of being very overcrowded.
Edited by FiSe, Jan 30 2015, 02:42 PM.
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

My question was whether anyone else "was planning to be there".

I do not need to know who won't be there (obviously!!)

P
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Dasike
Member Avatar

I'm already done here, in the hotel :D Met a few of the modellers down here today while hanging around in Marks in Cork. Nice bunch should be a fun day!

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
Prenton
Jan 31 2015, 10:18 PM
My question was whether anyone else "was planning to be there".

I do not need to know who won't be there (obviously!!)

P

I beg you pardon, my sincere apology about my reply... Obviously, I didn't realise that this is meant to be chest-beating-who're-the-boys exercise, rather than serious attempt to have some sort of communication re 'The largest display of plastic models in Ireland' show.

Anyway, I'd rather answer than be branded as stupid non-communicating bollox :wub:

Enjoy your time in 'that other' city :wave:
Edited by FiSe, Feb 1 2015, 09:54 AM.
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

Dasike
Jan 31 2015, 11:25 PM
I'm already done here, in the hotel :D Met a few of the modellers down here today while hanging around in Marks in Cork. Nice bunch should be a fun day!
The Cork crew are a friendly lot.Looked after me well at my first Scale Model World , Telford .
Edited by fs2005, Feb 1 2015, 04:03 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prenton
Member Avatar

fs2005
Feb 1 2015, 04:02 PM
Dasike
Jan 31 2015, 11:25 PM
The Cork crew are a friendly lot.Looked after me well at my first Scale Model World , Telford .
Yes - a nice bunch of people and a good day....

Apart from Simon, who had an interesting rail layout (with his father), club members there included Gerry, Stephen and myself (manning the club table), plus Mark McGuinness, who dropped in for some modelling shopping (well...actually a LOT of such shopping), plus some friendly banter....

Good vibe from most of the table inhabitants, and a very good welcome from the organisers.

I will post up some photos tomorrow evening.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Some photos are now uploaded here:-

http://forum.ipmsireland.com/topic/10950856/1/?x=30#new

More tonight.

Philip
Edited by Prenton, Feb 2 2015, 10:14 AM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Hypersonic

Fantastic to finally meet Phillip and some lads from IPMS, All gentlemen to the last and the standard of their work was second to none. Thanks for making the effort to come down south. Hope to see you all at the next IPMS show. Regards Wayne
Edited by Hypersonic, Feb 2 2015, 11:01 PM.

vwbaby
Member Avatar

http://www.irishtv.ie/category/ireland/munster/cork/
Posted Image

Joseph M

Thanks VW Baby,
a very pleasant way to spend your lunch time. Well worth watching!
Cheers
Joe M
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator Finished 1/7/8
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Great opportunity for the Fair - and excellent explanation about modelling, Wayne.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Modelling Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply