Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
(Swedish) 'Horse Outside'; 1/72 Master/Mister Craft J-26 (Swedish Mustang)
Topic Started: Jan 12 2017, 05:53 PM (382 Views)
ReccebyStealth

Hi guys

Popped into Marks at lunchtime, picked up the 1/72 Master Craft J-26, and some supplies.
Posted Image

OK, I know these can be a bit of a dog, maybe it's my masochistic side, but I really fancied this scheme. Price of €8 might be worth it for (some of) the decals in these kits alone. I've done my research and know what I'm letting myself in for. However I still hope to build her up pretty quick, and the process might be interesting to those considering tackling one? Anyway, below are some (bad tablet) sprue/decal shots etc...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Below are the decals in this kit. These can be hit or miss in these kits, they seem, to my inexperienced eye, okay. Point to note the instructions paint/decals look smart being in colour etc, but are generic for various boxing's, so be careful with build sequences/variations. Clear parts are passable, not great, but not terrible either, I'll try polish them...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Planning on tackling a few aircraft kits this year, so this'll be a good practice piece :>

Cheers
Glen

On the bench:
1/35 AML-30 prototype
1/35 Djibouti BTR-60 with AML-90 turret
1/72 S-Models BMD w/scratch slat armour.
1/72 Special Hobby Yak-17.
1/35 Academy M151A1 IDF SHMIRA w/CMK conversion/detail set and figures.

"The sergeant is the Army." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ReccebyStealth

P.S. Though the colour plates in the instructions show lots of lovely options, as you can see you only get a limited amount of actual decals in each boxing/version...
Glen

On the bench:
1/35 AML-30 prototype
1/35 Djibouti BTR-60 with AML-90 turret
1/72 S-Models BMD w/scratch slat armour.
1/72 Special Hobby Yak-17.
1/35 Academy M151A1 IDF SHMIRA w/CMK conversion/detail set and figures.

"The sergeant is the Army." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Call of Nature [2016/2017] · Next Topic »
Add Reply