Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Tamiya 1/24 Porsche Gt2
Topic Started: May 16 2017, 10:51 AM (182 Views)
providerjack

This is my first attempt at building any kind of vehicle. Must say it was not totally enjoyable, and am not really happy with it. And one thing I will never never use Humbrol clear gloss again. Still here she is all comments and suggestions welcome.

Posted Imagephotos upload

Posted Imageimage upload no limit

Posted Imageimage upload

Posted Imagefree image host

Posted Imagehow to do a screenshot on a pc

Posted Imageuploading pictures
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fs2005
Member Avatar

Certainly looks well in the pics !
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BKirwan
Member Avatar

if I understand your remarks correctly you had hassle with orange- peel effect of your varnish coat. Yes it does effect what is otherwise a great model. But you tried something new and that's the risk you take. No worries.

I stay away from clean finishes because of this kind of thing but car builders tackle this with elbow grease and abrasives don't they ?
Posted Image

providerjack

BKirwan
May 19 2017, 02:59 PM
if I understand your remarks correctly you had hassle with orange- peel effect of your varnish coat. Yes it does effect what is otherwise a great model. But you tried something new and that's the risk you take. No worries.

I stay away from clean finishes because of this kind of thing but car builders tackle this with elbow grease and abrasives don't they ?
Thanks for comment. I place all the blame on Humbrol clear gloss from now on it is going to be Gunze clear. I thought about micromesh but i am afraid decals would suffer, do i will livw with it. But this is my first and only car.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Garage · Next Topic »
Add Reply