Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
IPMS Ireland Newsletter 2017; Call for articles
Topic Started: May 29 2017, 04:19 PM (1,189 Views)
Merlin

Dear IPMS Ireland Members and Friends,

I am currently in the initial planning stages for the IPMS Ireland 2017 Newsletter and am putting out a general Call for Articles for the next edition. I have already approached some Members individually and I have also followed up on previously stated interest from some of the the respondents to last year's survey.

The next edition will have a proposed publication date of November/December 2017. I am compiling content for this issue and would be particularly interested in some of the subjects, as listed below.

As you are no doubt aware, the 2016 newsletter largely focused on events of the period 1914 – 1923 and particularly on the events of 1916. I am hoping that the next issue will be of a more general nature, covering other aspects of the Society’s range and output. I would ideally like to consider articles on Sci-Fi or Fantasy, Modern Military and Civilian vehicles, Aircraft, Dioramas, Ships and even Kit Reviews (close to Christmas). However, I’m also open to all other relevant suggestions, if you have in mind an appropriate submission.

If you feel that you have something you would like to contribute, please let me know by Sunday June 18th., either by posting to this thread or by e-mail to <http://ipmsireland21c@gmail.com>

The copy deadline for submission of completed articles and photos is October 15th. and I would be happy to discuss content and supply all technical requirements for copy and photos before then.

Gerry Hanlon
Editor, IPMS Ireland Newsletter
Edited by Merlin, May 29 2017, 04:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Gerry,
As a matter of interest I see that the website has the newsletters available for download up until 2013 published; since then nothing. Is there any particular reason for that ? I am missing one or two and thought I could just download them but can't.

Regards,
Brian
Posted Image

Merlin

I honestly don't know the answer to that Brian but I'll check if there's a problem. 2014-2016 were ones I worked on but I wasn't asked to put them on the forum. Prior to that I'm not sure what's available.

Gerry

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure, but I'd imagine it's a mixture of things, like the Newsletters not making their way to the Web Admin at the time, or the Web Admin not getting them up online, or something like that.

I'd be happy to put up any missing Newsletters onto the website, if anyone can get them to me?

Thanks...
On the bench -
Italeri 1:72 ACH-47 Chinook Gunship

Completed builds -
Click here

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Jason + Gerry

Gerry maybe you could send Jason the newsletters you worked on. I will check and see what I have and will let u know Jason. Maybe we will fill all the gaps .

Cheers
Brian
Posted Image

ghengismccann
Member Avatar

Gerry,
Sent you some photos of a build from a little while ago.
Let me know if they are any use.
Regards :>
"....the old men shall cause themselves to be carried into the public squares,
To excite the courage of the warriors, to preach the downfall of Kings,
and announce the glories of the Republic"
Convention of the Republic,Paris, Dec; 1793

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Pat sent me on the last 4 Issues, so I now have Issues 1-11 up on the website, I believe that's all of them?

Thanks...
On the bench -
Italeri 1:72 ACH-47 Chinook Gunship

Completed builds -
Click here

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Yup that's it then. Is the update automatic or is there a period of time before the changes are visible? I just had a quick look and the changes are not yet visible.

Thanks
Brian
Edited by BKirwan, May 30 2017, 05:18 PM.
Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Brian - I just checked the website and they are there. You may need to clear your cache to see them. They are in the "resources" tab.

The answer to your earlier query was that the then website admin was not in a position to put up any updates, due to technical issues with the website design/arrangements. Jason has now sorted that out. Jason has already uploaded the poster for D6, the rules for the Nationals competition and the schedule of Dublin Chapter meetings from June to December 2017 . These are in the "events" tab.

Philip

Edited by Prenton, May 30 2017, 05:36 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

BKirwan
Member Avatar

Philip
Thanks that did the trick.
Cheers

Brian
Posted Image

Merlin

Thanks Jason, Philip and Pat for updating the Newsletter resource file, without me even asking. :>

Gerry
Edited by Merlin, May 31 2017, 02:34 PM.

Merlin

Now that our very successful 2017 Nationals, held last weekend, are over, I feel it's time to remind all those who have promised articles for the upcoming IPMS Ireland 2017 Newsletter that I will be contacting you over the next couple of weeks.

I appreciate the some of you may be looking forward to Telford but I'm still hoping to meet a copy deadline of end October. Those of you whom I contacted personally, I will get in touch by e-mail to see how you're getting on and arrange for you to send the copy and photos electronically. If anyone else has a submission in mind please contact me on this thread or PM me.

Looking forward to your submissions.

Gerry Hanlon
Editor, IPMS Ireland Newsletter

Merlin

This is a final call for entries for our 2017 Newsletter.

I Have e-mailed or PM'd all those who have promised contributions but am flagging it here as well, just in case you miss it. I'm hoping to start formatting the articles next week - essential if we're going to make a pre-Christmas issue. Please let me know by e-mail: hanlons@clubi.ie or by PM if for any reason you cannot supply your promised articles by the end November deadline.

Gerry

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Branch Business & Meetings · Next Topic »
Add Reply