Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Humbrol decal fix- any use?
Topic Started: Jun 23 2017, 09:37 PM (717 Views)
Parkadge
Member Avatar

Okay I have my bottle of Mr Mark Setter but I've mislaid the bottle of Mr Mark Softener is humbrol decalfix any use. I don't even remember buying it :unsure:
Edited by Parkadge, Jun 23 2017, 10:18 PM.
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joseph M

Hi Pat,
I tried it out on one kit and did not like it at all. So I went back to the good old reliable Micro Sol and Micro Set.
Cannot beat them.
I think that Marks Models and the Modellers Den in Kildare stock them.
Cheers
Joe M
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Glencoe Models 1/81 Curtiss Condor
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Thanks Joe. I'll try it on some scrap decals and if I'm not happy I'll drop into Marks tomorrow

Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

fs2005
Member Avatar

Klear is yer only man !It can serve as the varnish both before and after applying decals and also pulls down decals excellently .

If Im in tommorow I will bring some along -more likely than not I will be .Its a wonder product .Varnish (goes from matt/satin to gloss the more coats you apply ) , small parts glue , decal softener and setter ,canopy enhancer etc etc .You dont have to find a 30 euro bottle of vintage stuff on Ebay but it must say Klear or Johnsons Future etc on bottle you cant just use any ole bargain store cleaning product .Its meant to be hard flooring sealant / polish and can only be removed with ammonia based products when hard but brushes can be cleaned with alcohol and water .Id be vary wary of letting it dry in an airbrush though .It brushes on so well (self levelling) theres no need!

Its super economical .A 4 euro bottle could literally last a lifetimes modelling unless a prolific builder. But Dunnes , Blanchardestown Centre is only place that sells it round Dublin
Edited by fs2005, Jun 23 2017, 11:49 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

des byrne
Member Avatar
des Byrne
Pat I've used and found it worked well I think the older humbrol decalfix which was a yellowish colour had issues if that's the one you have if it is I've a bottle of the new one you can have it if you want let me know and I'll bring it along tomorrow

cyclonus

in a word no.i have used it and i might as well being trying to use water for all the good it did.you are much better of with micro set and sol which you know will work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hints & Tips, Tools & Resources · Next Topic »
Add Reply