Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Best 1:72 or 1:35 Jagdpanther?
Topic Started: Jul 10 2017, 10:41 PM (727 Views)
Jasonb
Member Avatar

Hi all...

Today I was reminiscing about the old Matchbox 1:72 Jagdpanther that I built when I was a kid, and decided that I'd like to build another one.

Could anyone recommend the best (or even a good!) kit of the Jagdpanther, in both/either 1:72 or 1:35. I'm not particularly worried about 'Early', 'Mid' or 'Late' versions or anything like that.

Thanks...
On the bench -
Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F2001

Completed builds -
Click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dermot
Member Avatar

Nice one Jason and built one myself back in the day!
I think these kits were more like 1/76 than 1/72 but am not complaining. I always thought the design was very modern for late 1940s..

Here's a link to 1/72 reviews on Scalemates where you'll probably get 1/35 reviews too.

Cheers,
Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench - 1/72 Airfix HS-129 Tank buster

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Ok there is a caveat attached to this advice in that apart from the matchbox Jagdpanther and the old Fujimi/Nitto JagdPanther, both in 1/76 scale, built years ago I haven't built one in 1/35.

From memory the Nitto/fujimi one is better and more detailed than the matchbox/revell.

I don't know about the Trumpeter 1/76 version but I wasn't impressed with their Sherman or T-34 in that scale but that might be just my fat fingers.

When I do build one in 1/35 it will be the
tamiya Late Jagdpanther
which I have heard only good things about
You don't need zimmerit for it which is another bonus.

DML do an Early Jagdpanther with Zimmerit if you wan't a more detailed/complicated build but according to scalemates it's about twice the price of the Tamiya one

Edited by Parkadge, Jul 11 2017, 04:14 PM.
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Of course if you really wanted to go all out to prove your love of the jagdpanther you could, for a mere EUR 271.69 plus postage go for Tamiya's 1/16 Jagdpanther :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat McGrath

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

Heck of a difference between the two scales ...1/48 might be a nice compromise but a lot closer to 1/35 in price .Ive got the S Model (?) twin set 1/72 from HobbyDen , comes with etch for grilles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Thanks for your replies lads! Both of those 1:35 kits look interesting, probably lean towards the Tamiya one, but I'm in no rush so I can look into it some more. Thanks!
On the bench -

Completed builds -
Click here

Parkadge
Member Avatar

There is a new zvezda Jagdpanther in 1/72. It is a snap fit kit but looks to have plenty of detail with 97 parts
Pat McGrath

Posted Image

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Thanks Pat, I appreciate you remembering this! It'll be probably next year before I get to this; I have my next three builds lined up, and that'll get me to the summer. But I will build one eventually! :)
On the bench -

Completed builds -
Click here

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Research Nook · Next Topic »
Add Reply