Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Avro RJ-85; Revell 1/144th
Topic Started: Oct 15 2017, 03:10 PM (599 Views)
Prenton
Member Avatar

My entry in this group build will be to resurrect an old build, that has lain in the shelf of doom pile for a long while. It is the Revell Avro RJ-85 in 1/144th scale.

I started this back over three years ago, and then abandoned it. You can find the original thread here:- http://forum.ipmsireland.com/topic/10503883/1/?x=30#post8447048

Following what can be seen on that thread, I finished the interior, put a fair amount of lead weight into the cockpit front, added the wheel wells, with
the various struts, but minus the wheels, and painted them. I then joined the fuselage pieces together, and filled the joins with Mr Surfacer. I then
tried using Halford's Plastic Primer, without much success, as it pooled and ran. (My lack of experience with aerosols may have been a major part in
that). So it was sanded down quite considerably. The result is that it is evident that the filling of the windows did not quite work, so more filling there
will be needed to get a smooth finish for the decals. There is also a little bit more filler needed at some points in the join of the fuselage.

Here is the fuselage, with the wheel wells encased in blu-tack:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

The wings have also been joined, as have the four engine pylons - all of which will need some filling and sanding along the joins:-

Posted Image

The rest of the pieces are awaiting their time in the sun, with a first coat of tyre black for the wheels while on the sprues, now removed and
needing a second coat. The interior of the wheel well doors have also been painted.

Posted Image

More in a week or so.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dermot
Member Avatar

Nice one Philip, look forward to seeing this finished.

Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench
1/72 Monogram F-105G Wild Weasel Vietnam GB

Barry
Member Avatar

Following closely...what livery are you going with Philip??
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joseph M

Nice one Philip,
As Barry says what Livery?
Cheers
Joe M
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Glencoe Models 1/81 Curtiss Condor
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Lads - not sure yet - I have 4 to choose from, thanks to the great decals that John sold me when I bought the kit (see original post)

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Civilian Aircraft - Don Whitaker Tribute GB {2017-18] · Next Topic »
Add Reply