Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Mig 21 PF Conversion/Ressurrection; Rebuilding an old butchered Heller MIG 21 C into a North Vietnamese 21 PF
Topic Started: Dec 11 2017, 09:28 AM (1,582 Views)
Narayan
Member Avatar
Graham
Great progress updates and pictures Marklo. It's coming together very nicely.

Graham
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marklo
Member Avatar

Posted Image Posted Image
A job I had been putting off and putting off cutting the numbers out of some red decal film I have. And a second go at the spots, I'm using a tiny piece of foam on the end of a cocktail stick and painstakingly dabbing away. Much more like the effect I'm looking for, but it's slow. Still I'm hoping to have it completed by the weekend.
On the Bench:-
Sopwith Pup scratchbuild 1:48
1:48 Albatross DI

Finished Builds:
A7V Scratchbuild /Saint Chamond Scratchbuild/Mk IV Heavy Tank
Airfix ME 109/HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ARC-170/BE2c Nightfighter/Airfix 1:72 Fokker EIII

Marklo
Member Avatar

Posted Image Posted Image
Disaster! I thought I could use the reworked canopy from the kit but decided to go for one more sand as it was shiny but still quite opaque, unfortunately it started to craze and then duly snapped in half. So molding a new on it is ( hmm that sounds a bit like Yoda)anyway to cut a long story three attempt later here is the nearly finished artucke (2nd plug, third molding attempt).

Finished Builds:
Airfix ME 109/HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ARC-170/BE2c Nightfighter/Airfix 1:72 Fokker EIII

Marklo
Member Avatar

Doing this as multiple posts as I'm using my tablet and don't want to have to start again if I loose a post :)Posted Image[/url]
I
Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty pleased with the results, more or less finished, just a tiny bit of touching up ( maybe straighten the data probe :) ) and try to take a few better pictures for the gallery
Edited by Marklo, May 22 2018, 10:55 PM.

Finished Builds:

Marklo
Member Avatar

Posted Image

One that I didn't use for the gallery.over 30 years in the making :) Pleased to be finished, some learnings, if I attempt another color scheme like this again I need to be airbrushing, also the difference between good and great is loving not just liking the subject matter. (1903 to 1945, and no pointy things :) from here on, with the exception of sci fi of course )Some of my best fabrication work, but somewhere in the middle of on finishing, still not too bad overall.
Edited by Marklo, May 24 2018, 10:41 PM.

Finished Builds:

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Fair play Marklo, you put a lot of work into that! Love the paint scheme, would be tough with an airbrush too! And you’re right, a love of the subject you’re building tends to lead to a much more enjoyable build, and a better end result too!
On the bench -
Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F2001

Completed builds -
Click here

Dermot
Member Avatar

Well done for sticking with that one and another completed build, nice one.

Dermot

Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench - 1/72 Airfix HS-129 Tank buster

Posted Image

Marklo
Member Avatar

Thanks guys I appreciate the positive feedback. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the build. It did make me realize I'm probably a better fabricator than a finisher.

Finished Builds:

Joseph M

That was a labour of love or......................................... if you are like me dog-headed stubbornness!!
Nicely done.
Cheers
Joe M
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator Finished 1/7/8
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Good Morning Vietnam GB (2017-18) · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: