Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighter; Revell ARC-170
Topic Started: May 4 2018, 03:07 PM (128 Views)
Marklo
Member Avatar

Just had to start this thread today :)

Posted Image

My plan B for the group build (A is still there just not starting it till there's a bit of clear space on my desk). I've also realized that I have only completed one model so far this year (although the Dep and the Mig are close) So this will help the numbers so long as I don't take 6 months on it.
On the Bench:-
Sopwith Pup scratchbuild 1:48
1913 Depredussin racer 1:32 Scratchbuild
Ancient Heller Mig 21 (found slightly butchered in stash, being resurrected as a north Vietnamese 21pf) 1:72

Finished Builds:
A7V Scratchbuild /Saint Chamond Scratchbuild
Airfix ME 109 /HE51 Floatplane
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marklo
Member Avatar

This was going to be an OOB and I tried and tried, I would avoid being the serious modeler and have some fun, however my compulsive nature got the better of me and I've ended up hacking it a bit (just a little) My main issue was that it has neither an undercarriage or a stand, since I don't like putting figures into my builds (at small scales I think they never look right) if I had to choose an option I'd favor the former, but I wasn't doing either or was I . Regardless I stated the build planning to do neither.

Posted Image
As you can see cockpit painted and installed and hull zipped up, all oob.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

But then the above started to niggle me so after a bit of research on the web and my book of starwars machines that I got for christmas out came the razor saw ...

Posted Image
Leaving me with this, and feeling much happier, just needs a bit of detailing on the scratchbuilt bits . It also needs and Astromech (how could revel kit it with a blank space here) and a decision on the wing positions ( you wouldn't model an X-wing on the ground with the wings in attack position, so why would you do this on an ARC-170?).

The final question is colourscheme, there seem to be two that are cannon, the revenge of the Sith standard and the Razor squadron one from clone wars, I like both but I'm veering towards the classic one as I think the clone wars one although dramatic is a bit too toy like.

And the long and the short of it .. I'm enjoying the build.
Edited by Marklo, May 8 2018, 08:49 AM.
Ancient Heller Mig 21 (found slightly butchered in stash, being resurrected as a north Vietnamese 21pf) 1:72

Finished Builds:

Dermot
Member Avatar

Nice one Mark and liking the scratchbuilding work.

(looks like your text in your first post is linking to your images, btw).

Cheers,
Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench
1/72 Monogram F-105G Wild Weasel Vietnam GB

Marklo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Nice one Mark and liking the scratchbuilding work.

Thanks for that. I found it a little tricky as the kit is so tiny compared to anything I'm working on at the moment (it is literally only as tall as the wheel on the Dep, which isn't a huge model itself), but I am pleased with the overall look of it.

Quote:

(looks like your text in your first post is linking to your images, btw).

Yes I did something weird with the tags, seeing as how Flicr is predominantly for my model photos that's ok ( I use iCloud for my main photo storage)
Edited by Marklo, May 8 2018, 09:03 AM.

Finished Builds:

Manxman
Member Avatar

Nice work so far Mark and the landing gear is a great addition.

Not making any promises but I might have a spare left over R2 Astromech in 1/72 scale left over from one of my Bandia kits. If i can find it and it will help you out, you can have it.
Pete

On the bench - What isn't 😀

Posted Image

Marklo
Member Avatar

Quote:

but I might have a spare left over R2 Astromech in 1/72 scale left over from one of my Bandia kits.

Thanks for the offer, but the kit is a funny scale 1:83 i think, plus as it's only head and shoulders I'll have it scratched in no time (I know I just can't help it :) )
Edited by Marklo, May 8 2018, 12:55 PM.

Finished Builds:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sci Fi Group Build [2018] · Next Topic »
Add Reply