Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Large stash of kits (470) and accesories for sale ( Not Mine); Very generous prices
Topic Started: May 20 2018, 11:37 PM (780 Views)
Joseph M

The committee were contacted recently by a modeller who had just moved to Waterford from the U.K. He said he had a large stash of kits, accessories and decals that he wanted to dispose of. He is suffering from a form of Parkinson syndrome and can no longer make kits. He originally had over 2000 kits in his stash plus accessories and decals but had sold approx. 1400 kits and accessories plus decals to the IPMS branch members that he was affiliated to in the U.K. before moving to Ireland 7 weeks ago. He has since joined our branch of IPMS.`

Please note that this offer is only open to members of IPMS Ireland. Having said that I am doing this on my own and the IPMS Committee are not involved in any way.

To cut a long story as short as I can, I contacted him by phone and we talked on a number of occasions. He sent me a list of kits and accessories that he had to sell and the prices that he was looking for. The lists to put it mildly were very generously priced. I and a couple of committee members decided to purchase some kits and accessories from him and see exactly what the story was. I was going to be in that area on holidays for a number of days and arranged to call into him.

My wife and I met Shaun and his lovely wife last week. We stayed with them for a couple of hours and had tea and biscuits with them. While my wife went gardening with his wife Shaun and I talked. He has a tremor in his hands which makes modelling out of the question at the moment. He is holding onto about a 100 of his kits, mainly Phantoms and Lightening’s hoping that a correct drug regime will allow him to resume modelling at some stage in the future. Like all of us he loves to open a box and just look at the kit and think how good a kit that is and what it would look like when finished. He showed me two rooms, basically wall to ceiling racking with kits on them. All the kit boxes seem to be in very good condition. All the kits that I purchased, the actual parts were still in their sealed bags within their box. I brought some of these to the meeting last Saturday in Dublin, you may have seen them on the table.

At the moment he has approx. 470 kits (99.5% are 1/72) for sale and approx. 340 various accessories. The kits do not include any WW1 kits you’ll be glad to know (I was gutted). While there are some ‘Silver Wings’ the stash mainly consist of WW11 and post war up to the present day. All the main kits manufacturers are there, Academy; Aeroclub; Airfix; AMT; AZ Models; Hasegawa; Italeri; magna; Monogram; Revell; Special Hobby; Sword; Tamiya; Valom; Xtrakit and some others.

Just to give you an idea on the pricing, the most expensive kits are Short Belfast from Magna; Monogram B36 Peacemaker and a Revell Douglas C54 all price at €15.00. Next it would be an AMT B52 Stratofortress and a RC135V Strategic Recon Version, both priced at €12.00. After that the kits vary in price from €10.00 down to €3.00.
The accessories are from 3D Kits; Aeroclub; Airkit Enterpries; Airwaves;Birdnan; CScale; DACO; DB Conversions; Eduard; FAA Models; Flighpath; Kitbits; Model Alliance; P.P. Aeroparts; Paragon; Scalecast; True Details and various other manufacturers. The most expensive Accessories are priced at €2.00, most are between €1.00 and 0.50.

He gave me nine loose leaf folders full of decals, there are hundreds of them. While I helped Shaun with some of list as he finds trying difficult there is no way that I could catalogue these. I have some work to do on the decals as there are more than two sets back to back in some of the clear plastic envelopes. I’ll bring them to the next meeting in the Lab and you can purchase them there. By the way the decals are prices at €2.00 per sheet, a giveaway!

So to sell the kits and accessories please read carefully the following and please note that this offer is only open to members of IPMS Ireland. Having said that I am doing this on my own and the IPMS Committee are not involved in any way. Depending upon sales I may open it to other modellers based in Ireland.

1.If you wish to receive both the lists of kits and accessories please send me your email address either as a replay to this email or as a PM.
2.Kits must be pre-paid; I’ll collect money at the next Dublin meeting and have the kits available for collection at the following meeting.
3.I will not be packing and posting kits anywhere!
4.I may hold them for you for collection at our National Championships but they must be prepaid.
5.There will be a slight surcharge of €0.20 per kit to cover my expenses. It’s a four hour return trip! The accessories and decals are not affected by this surcharge and their prices remain the same.
6.I will send the lists out to the people who reply early the week beginning the 27th of May. The lists will be sent at the same time to everyone so it will be on a first come first served basis.
7.When replying to my email above please reply to all so that there will be no arguments as to who asked for a kit first.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me and I’ll reply as best I can.

Cheers
Joe M
Edited by Joseph M, May 21 2018, 10:42 PM.
On the bench in order of nearest to completion;
A Model 1/72 Spad A.2 Finished 24/4/18
A Z Models 1/72 Morane "WR". (Schneider race entry from 1914).
K P Models 1/72 Avia BH-3
Mark 1 Models 1/144 Gloster Gladiator Finished 1/7/8
SRAM Models 1/144 SIA 7-B (Resin)
Valom Models 1144 A pair of Sopwith Pups
MSD Models 1/72 Vickers Vimy 66 Commercial
Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII conversion to a two seater
Curtiss Condor (added 24/4/18) 1/81
Ansaldo S.V.A 9 (added 24/4/18)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prenton
Member Avatar

e-mail inbound, Joe

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Barry
Member Avatar

List please joe..my email has been pmd to you

Murfv
Member Avatar
Abuser Of Plastic
Yes please Joe, pm sent.
Cheers Vincent
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

List for me too please Joe
Posted Image

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

des byrne
Member Avatar
des Byrne
Pm sent Joe
Posted Image

TrooperN
Member Avatar

Hi Joe,

Me too!!!

Cheers,

S

Dermot
Member Avatar

Hi Joe,
PM inbound to you.

THanks,
Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench

Posted Image

Maurice

List please Joe, pm on the way
Maurice
Most important model--the one I have yet to build

Posted Image

Joseph M

Hi Guys,
This has generated a lot of interest so far with eight members of IPMS Ireland having requested the list of kits which at the moment is about 418 kits and accessories at 334. I will be sending these lists to the above mentioned at approx. 13.00 tomorrow Sunday. If you want so see these extensive list of kits please provide me with your enail address and I'll also forward the information to you.
Cheers
Joe M
Edited by Joseph M, May 26 2018, 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

fs2005
Member Avatar

Thanks Joe for that .Dont think I’ve been so excited ( certainly not at 1pm on a Sunday !) in years ! Soooooo many €3 rare kits !
Posted Image

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Thanks, Joe, for all your work on this.

(At lunchtime yesterday, it was a bit like the alligator pit when James Bond drops in..... ;) )

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Joseph M

Thanks Guys,
Glad that you are happy with your selection of kits. I think that you will agree that its a once in a life time price give away.

If anyone else in the club wants the list there are still about 300 kits, all leading brands, mainly prices at €3.00 to €5.00. Just send me your email address either as a PM or here on the forum and I'll get back to you with it.

Cheers
Joe M

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Tell them about the Scorpion tank Joe ;) :D :>

Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Joseph M

Thanks Pat,
I had forgotten about the good olde Airfix Scorpion Tank for €1.00. :>

Pat says that this is one of the best kits that Airfix EVER made :wub: and the only reason that he is not buying it is because he has a suitcase under his bed full of them! :D :dev:

Or did he say that it was a complete load of Sh1te and he would not touch it with a 40 foot barge-poll. I think on 'mature' reflection that it was this. ;)

Cheers Guys
Joe M

Edited by Joseph M, May 28 2018, 11:03 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alouette III

Hi Joe. Could I get a copy of the list pleae? Thanks.

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Joseph M
May 28 2018, 11:02 PM
Thanks Pat,
I had forgotten about the good olde Airfix Scorpion Tank for €1.00. :>

Pat says that this is one of the best kits that Airfix EVER made :wub: and the only reason that he is not buying it is because he has a suitcase under his bed full of them! :D :dev:

Or did he say that it was a complete load of Sh1te and he would not touch it with a 40 foot barge-poll. I think on 'mature' reflection that it was this. ;)

Cheers Guys
Joe M

Actually Joe if its still available I'll take it for the crack ;)
Pat McGrath

Posted Image

Joseph M

Hi Pat,
PM sent.
Cheers
Joe M

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Joseph M
Jun 21 2018, 11:30 PM
Hi Pat,
PM sent.
Cheers
Joe M

And replied to :>
Pat McGrath

Posted Image

Joseph M

And sent again!
Cheers
Joe

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · For Sale · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: