Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
IPMS Irish National Show & Competition 2018; October 6th & 7th Plaza hotel Tallaght
Topic Started: Jun 11 2018, 11:11 PM (351 Views)
Parkadge
Member Avatar

The IPMS annual national show and competition will take place on the weekend of the 6th & 7th of October in the Plaza hotel in Tallaght. We'll add and amend more info re traders, special awards etc as it becomes available

Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ReccebyStealth
Member Avatar

Hi guys.

What is the possibility of a 'make and take' table for young modellers at this years event?

My two kiddies built some models at a spare table last year and attracted quite a bit of interest
from curious visitors, and children. Future of the hobby/clubs and all that...

I would volunteer my own services of course to aid in 'manning' the table. Perhaps one of the model
shops would sponsor the table, provide kits etc, in return for a big banner/plug? Club members will
probably have 1/144 and or 1/72 kits they could contribute too?

Regards.

Glen
Glen

On the bench:
1/16 Trumpeter T-72B1 with Kontakt ERA
1/35 AML-30 prototype
1/35 Djibouti BTR-60 with AML-90 turret
1/72 S-Models BMD w/scratch slat armour.
And about 100 other part built kits... ;)
Posted Image

"The sergeant is the Army." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Prenton
Member Avatar

Glen

Not a hope I am afraid. While it is indeed a great idea - and you are free to have your kids make their own (under your supervision of course), assuming you can be fitted in. On a more general idea, as you have outlined, not a runner.....

Not just the lack of space, but more importantly, the issues relating to child protection and Garda clearance. The Committee has looked into this issue more than once, and the problems are - for a club our size - pretty insurmountable. Regrettably.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Also an insurance issue
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

I have now organised a banner for forum participants to put into their signatures, in order to publicise the event. (see below)

Just go into "preferences" in the top right hand corner, then click on "change signature". This will bring you to your current signature.

In the area "edit signature" you will see an area in which to input the jpg addresses of your various banners. If you have last year's banner, it will probably have something like http://ipmsireland.com/forumimages//banner2017.jpg, with [img] at the start and [/img] at the end. What you do is remove all of the text between [img] and [/img]. Put into this space the following text:-

http://village.photos/images/user/b78d66b4-06f1-409b-8b39-c9e6a12145c5/0c21dee3-6b53-48e4-b444-62de751d7c31.jpg

Alternatively, if you haven't last year's banner, just type in [img], then the text above and then [/img], leaving no space between the first ] and the text, and no space between the end of the text and the next [

Any problems, give me a shout, or ask one of the mods for help.

Thanks,

Philip

I can also organise a smaller version of this banner, for use on other fora with less generous space for their signatures.
Edited by Prenton, Jun 23 2018, 05:17 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

ghengismccann
Member Avatar

Looking forward to the day, if I can work out how much Ryanair is actually
Charging to get on to their d**mned airplane.
Regards :>
Ps Kudos to Philip for using the grammatically correct plural “fora” :clap:
"....the old men shall cause themselves to be carried into the public squares,
To excite the courage of the warriors, to preach the downfall of Kings,
and announce the glories of the Republic"
Convention of the Republic,Paris, Dec; 1793

Murfv
Member Avatar
Abuser Of Plastic
Cheers for that Philip, and yes please for a smaller version for other fora(400 x 150 pixel?)
Edited by Murfv, Jun 23 2018, 02:29 PM.
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

ghengismccann
Jun 23 2018, 02:07 PM
Looking forward to the day, if I can work out how much Ryanair is actually
Charging to get on to their d**mned airplane.
Regards :>
Ps Kudos to Philip for using the grammatically correct plural “fora” :clap:

Thanks Paddy for that PS. Appreciate it! :>

Just shows how old I am - we did Latin in my time in school up to Leaving Cert (our equivalent of your A levels). Who can forget Caesar's Gallic Wars, or Ovid's Metamorphoses..?? (actually, I have, but some of it obviously seeped through....)

Actually, I have to say that I didn't consciously call it "fora" - it's automatic for me.

As you, Paddy, indeed know "forum" is a neuter noun in the 2nd declension. Plural does, of course, end in "a". Just as do the plurals for other similar words, like presidium, bellum, pendulum, and so on.....

How about others...what is your plural of words brought directly into English from Latin? For example, what it your plural of "radius". (Is it radiuses.... or is it .....radii. ) There you go! :-"

Philip

PS - hope you get your Ryanair flight sorted, Paddy. (If all else fails, there is the Holyhead ferry...not too bad you know, many of us go to Telford that way..... :D )
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Murfv
Jun 23 2018, 02:25 PM
Cheers for that Philip, and yes please for a smaller version for other fora(400 x 150 pixel?)
Here you go, Vincent!

I have tried, and the nearest I can get to your 400 x 150 is this (400 x 69 pixel):-

http://village.photos/images/user/b78d66b4-06f1-409b-8b39-c9e6a12145c5/76f56543-3328-45fb-bdc7-f830368e746a.jpg

However, if that is too big, then this is smaller (300 x 49 pixel).

http://village.photos/images/user/b78d66b4-06f1-409b-8b39-c9e6a12145c5/995d4eba-e091-4a29-9c2d-5977098f1293.jpg

Cheers,

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

ReccebyStealth
Member Avatar

Prenton
Jun 22 2018, 05:17 PM
Glen

Not a hope I am afraid. While it is indeed a great idea - and you are free to have your kids make their own (under your supervision of course), assuming you can be fitted in. On a more general idea, as you have outlined, not a runner.....

Not just the lack of space, but more importantly, the issues relating to child protection and Garda clearance. The Committee has looked into this issue more than once, and the problems are - for a club our size - pretty insurmountable. Regrettably.

Philip
Hi Philip,

Fair enough. No point going over old ground if you've tried before.

Thanks

Glen
Glen

On the bench:
1/16 Trumpeter T-72B1 with Kontakt ERA
1/35 AML-30 prototype
1/35 Djibouti BTR-60 with AML-90 turret
1/72 S-Models BMD w/scratch slat armour.
And about 100 other part built kits... ;)
Posted Image

"The sergeant is the Army." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Murfv
Member Avatar
Abuser Of Plastic
Prenton
Jun 23 2018, 05:14 PM
Murfv
Jun 23 2018, 02:25 PM
Here you go, Vincent!

I have tried, and the nearest I can get to your 400 x 150 is this (400 x 69 pixel):-

http://village.photos/images/user/b78d66b4-06f1-409b-8b39-c9e6a12145c5/76f56543-3328-45fb-bdc7-f830368e746a.jpg

However, if that is too big, then this is smaller (300 x 49 pixel).

http://village.photos/images/user/b78d66b4-06f1-409b-8b39-c9e6a12145c5/995d4eba-e091-4a29-9c2d-5977098f1293.jpg

Cheers,

Philip
Thanks for that Philip,
The smaller one works perfectly, I have now included the smaller banner on my BM signature
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

Posted Image

ghengismccann
Member Avatar

Philip,
Sadly for a day trip it has to be Ryanair. Aer Lingus has abandoned the liverpool-Dublin route
And If I rail/Sail, leaving home at 0620, I arrive in Dublin at 1220 and need to get the 1420 back from Dublin Port, getting home at 2230
so a visit would be a short one, a very short one. :(
Regards
Ps
As I can still hear my Latin teacher of 58 years ago, Brother Ryan saying,Latin is a living language
Classical,Theological,Medieval,medical and modern.Radii is a plurals tantrum therefore medieval and correct usage.
Radiuses is a sinful Americanism. : :whip:
PPS
Speaking of the late Brother, who was from Kerry, my Post Grad Supervisor who had worked at TCD
Once Told me my Latin,such as it was ,was occasionally with an Irish accent.
A.M.D.G.
:>
"....the old men shall cause themselves to be carried into the public squares,
To excite the courage of the warriors, to preach the downfall of Kings,
and announce the glories of the Republic"
Convention of the Republic,Paris, Dec; 1793

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Modelling Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply