Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Modern Navy
Topic Started: Jul 10 2018, 03:07 PM (124 Views)
Manxman
Member Avatar

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see who might be interested in this proposal for a GB Build

The subject can be anything (planes, helos, ships, subs, vehicles, etc) from any modern navy of the world that has been in service 1980s onwards.

Usual GB rules applied, new or partial built model (25%) acceptable. Proof of chosen subject being detailed to the chosen navy should be provided if any doubts. Completed subject should display appropriate navy markings.

Subjects not included would be Marine aircraft or vehicles or anything that at one time has been carried by a navy during the period.

Suggestion a 9 month build period and if it gets the appropriate number of seconds a start of January 2018.
Pete

On the bench - What isn't 😀

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marklo
Member Avatar

Could we say 1978 and I'd cheerfully add one of these to my collection, and of course vote for the GB :) (I've come to realise that after working on them for years I don't like jets :) )
Edited by Marklo, Jul 10 2018, 04:16 PM.
On the Bench:-
BE2c Nightfighter 1:72
Sopwith Pup scratchbuild 1:48

Finished Builds:
A7V Scratchbuild /Saint Chamond Scratchbuild/Mk IV Heavy Tank
Airfix ME 109 /HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ ARC-170

Dermot
Member Avatar

Great idea Pete and a naval aviation fan here :>

Similar to Mark's comment, would you be open to starting it earlier e.g. post WW2 or 1960s onwards? Many of the post-war a/c schemes were a lot more colourful and loads of different types in operation...

Just a thought!

Cheers,
Dermot

Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

Sorry Pete - despite having 241 items in my stash (including the 37 I am getting via Joe), I have actually NOTHING that would qualify.

Unless you want to go back to 1939 (which I accept isn't modern), then it's a NO from me for participation.

At this stage, it would therefore be inappropriate for me to support the gb.....

However, if you are short of a vote later in the process to get a gb approved, and you then need support, then give me a shout.

Philip

PS - like Marklo, I really don't have an affinity for jets...except Me 262's of course... :-"
Edited by Prenton, Jul 10 2018, 11:43 PM.
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Manxman
Member Avatar

Don’t mind pushing this back 10 years to 1970 but any earlier and it kind of getting away from Modern to just Navy. Although if people would prefer that we could do that.
Pete

On the bench - What isn't 😀

Posted Image

Marklo
Member Avatar

Quote:

PS - like Marklo, I really don't have an affinity for jets...except Me 262's of course... :-"

Funnily enough I love the early jets, I'd really like a Gloster Whittle or a HE280 in my collection but anything more recent just doesn't do it for me. I think it's a combination of spending a number of years working on JT9D/JT8D/PW2000 & PW4000's (as well as some time on J52/F100 & V2500s, I now do Medical devices BTW) and the fact that they tend to take up a lot more shelf space compared to anything I build now.

As for the dates there are many post war Navy types I do like, particularly the Sea Fury, but that would mean bringing it back all the way to the 50's
Edited by Marklo, Jul 11 2018, 08:19 AM.

Finished Builds:
Airfix ME 109 /HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ ARC-170

Dermot
Member Avatar

Manxman
Jul 11 2018, 07:19 AM
Don’t mind pushing this back 10 years to 1970 but any earlier and it kind of getting away from Modern to just Navy. Although if people would prefer that we could do that.

And still gets my vote Pete! :>
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench

Posted Image

Marklo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Don’t mind pushing this back 10 years to 1970
That'll do nicely that opens it up to types like the Gannet or the Skyraider so those of us who don't do Jets still have a wide choice of subjects.

Finished Builds:

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Proposals · Next Topic »
Add Reply