Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dublin Chapter Meetings; 2018 dates now added
Topic Started: Oct 23 2012, 08:41 AM (106,696 Views)
Admin

Dublin meetings take place in The Lab Foley Street, Dublin 1 usually on the second or third Saturday of each month, from 11am-1pm but subject to change.

For 2018, the Dublin meeting dates and times are currently as follows. All of the meetings will be held in the Lab, in Foley Street, Dublin 1, from 11 am until 1 pm and any changes will be noted here:

Saturday January 20th

Saturday February 17th

Saturday March 24th

Saturday April 21st

Saturday May 19th

Saturday June 16th

Saturday July 21st

Saturday August 18th

Saturday September 22nd

Saturday October 20th

Saturday November 24th

Saturday December 15th

This thread contains a collection of photographs from club meetings in Foley St as well as from our old venue in Temple Bar and from the old forum.
Edited by Parkadge, May 1 2018, 12:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Admin

Posted Image

There's Ken taking a picture in the old Starbucks at Mayor Square which was a nice venue with plenty of light. Unfortunately it closed down and now that building is the only empty building in Mayor Square; that's some useless trivia for you. :P That meeting was on the 15th of August, 2009.

The next set of photo's are from the 19th of June, 2010.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's a fine looking B-25 bomber I have to say.

Everyone's favourite Luft '46 aircraft; the Me262 Schwalbe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

An FW190 with fantastic engine detail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The final picture is of a plane pizza. I'm a bit partial to some Buccaneer myself.

Posted Image
Edited by Admin, Oct 23 2012, 09:17 AM.

Admin

This next picture was taken on the 11th of December, 2010 at what looks to The Porterhouse on Parliament Street. Possibly the annual Christmas lunch?

Posted Image

Someone has been having a good time. :P

The next set of photographs were taken at the meeting on the 2nd of February, 2011. That must've been some lunch; it took all of January to recover. :ermm:

First up is an M-8 Greyhound armoured car, of the Free French forces, in 1/72nd scale; fantastic detail for such a tiny kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next is a very well detailed Humvee in 1/35th scale. I wonder who it belongs too? :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's the targets out of the way, now onto the aircraft starting with a Soviet Hind helicopter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 1\144th scale Harrier jump jet; that has got to be a maddening scale to work in. :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some WIP's next starting with a Typhoon.

Posted Image

Finally a Gloster Meteor in what I think are Suez Campaign markings. I could be wrong though. :unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

The next series of photographs were taken on the 16th of March, 2011 and while it was a small meeting it was pretty prestigious because it was the first one I attended at the The Exchange and became seriously involved in the club. :P Nah, that's not that prestigious but it was a fun meeting. :>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We don't see a lot of mixed media projects in the club, besides Orks ( :P ), which makes this next picture all the more impressive. I think it's mainly wooden.

Posted Image

Another series of photo's from the meeting on the 26th of June, 2011.

Starting with a beautiful Gloster Meteor.

Posted Image

Also a stunning Sabre, I believe this is the Airfix kit.

Posted Image

An in-progress shot of my very own Blackburn Buccaneer; one of the first aircraft I finished. One of these days I'm going to build the kit again into a better version.

Posted Image

A little Finnish aircraft that I really should remember the name of; sorry Philip. :-/

Posted Image

I'll have to interject some targets into this airfield now starting with a Landrover.

Posted Image

Followed by a very large Russian KV-1 tank. I would not like to get on the bad side of this tank.

Posted Image

Back onto the aircraft with this Scottish Airways Rapide... I think this is a Rapide. I'm very bad at this. :huh:

Posted Image

Next is a Corsair with a wing fold and a collection of smaller aircraft.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally we have the rare-ish appearance of a ship but not just any ship; this is the stealth ship.

Posted Image

Admin

The next set of photo's were taken on the 16th of July, 2011.

First of all a rare group shot. I don't think we're the most photogenic bunch. :P

Posted Image

Next up is a Spitfire with some lovely weathering and an Aer Lingus airliner in the classic livery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember Hawk mania; that oh-so-terrible affliction that haunted us last year. Here's the first of, I'm sure, many Hawk photo's.

Posted Image

This is actually my Hawk; the Italeri kit which isn't very accurate to be honest but the cockpit was a joy to work with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few targets next including an Israeli Merkava tank and an LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally we have Jason's medal winning Tardis.

Posted Image

On the 20th of August, 2011 we were given a demonstration by Ken on how to work with vacuform kits. I for one shall never attempt one. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Admin, Oct 23 2012, 01:00 PM.

Admin

The meeting on the 17th of September, 2011 was a busy one judging from the following picture.

Posted Image

Lots of aircraft on show for this meeting including a couple of those dreaded Hawks. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The October meeting on the 29th was a bit of a squeeze as you can see; we set up amongst the clothes racks looking very fashionable. :ermm:

Posted Image

Some more Hawk fever; it can really grab you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also had a boat along.

Posted Image
Edited by Admin, Oct 23 2012, 01:34 PM.

Admin

The November meeting on the 12th was even more of a squeeze as we were squirrelled into a coffee nook.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oddly enough our usual airfield display was overrun by a number of fine looking targets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course it wouldn't be a Dublin meeting without some aircraft including a P-51D Mustang, an Mi-2 Hoplite and a... chew toy? :P It's actually a Ferengi vessel from Star Trek.

Posted Image

Admin

The last meeting in 2011 took place on the 17th of December. We were treated to a bit of demo from Steve on working with green stuff & afterwards we retired to the Porterhouse for Christmas lunch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steve showed us some of things he's been doing with green stuff and milliput. Of course now we know he's turned it into a successful resign Stowage business.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steve wasn't the only one busy sculpting though; we were also treated to Pat's Ork which picked up awards at both the IMSS show and our own Nationals in 2012.

Posted Image

A few aircraft also present that meeting including my own P-51D Mustang in Chinese Nationalist markings and an oddball Luftwaffe aircraft from Jason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, proof that ghosts do exist. Check this out. :P

Posted Image

Our first meeting in 2012, the 21st of January, got off to a rocky start due to some double bookings with our venue so we retired to old faithful, the Porterhouse.

Posted Image

It wasn't all blokes though; we were treated to this lovely lady. :wub:

Posted Image
Edited by Admin, Oct 23 2012, 05:51 PM.

Admin

The next meeting was on the 18th of February, 2012.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep an eye out for Cylons while viewing the next set of pictures. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We had quite a few bi-planes on the 18th as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally a technical stopped by with one hell of a gun on the back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Moving onto the 24th of March, 2012 and we start we a group shot.

Posted Image

Followed up a range of aircraft.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple of sci-fi-ish entries here as well including a MiG-31 Firefox.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally a view of a Seaview which has hopefully found its way to a good home; one with huge shelves. :P

Posted Image

Admin

On the 14th of March, 2012 Steve, of Value Gear fame, gave us a demonstration of his resin casting rig.

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (3) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (0) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (1) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (2) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (5) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (7) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (10) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Posted ImageApril 2012 Casting demo_Steve_Munsell (11) by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Of course it wouldn't be a Dublin meeting without some aircraft present. Starting off with a fantastic Me 262 hand painted by Jason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A target also joined us for the meeting, a Land Rover if I'm correct and if you've been reading through this thread that's typically up in the air. :ermm:

Posted Image
Edited by Dermot, Sep 6 2017, 01:00 PM.

Admin

Moving onto the 16th of June, 2012 and another demonstration from Steve. This time he was draping green stuff over cockpit canopies and the sides of tanks; we've been keeping him busy. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see Steve draws a crowd both from within and from without.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some aircraft as per usual including the recent Folland Gnat released by Airfix.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some vehicles as well including a nice Humvee and a Sherman with tarps ala Steve.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Big meeting on the 21st of July, 2012.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's Andy standing over a gigantic box; try sneaking that through the front door. :P

Posted Image

Another big collection of aircraft including a squadron of Mustangs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A T-55 tank also rolled into the meeting accompanied by a few Warhammer 40,000 figures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

A bit of a small meeting on the 18th of August, 2012 and a bit of a squeeze too but we managed with a nice mix of aircraft and armour.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

Another nice meeting on the 22nd of September with the armour and aircraft drawing even.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A fantastic little Brewster Buffalo here.

Posted Image

Followed by an award winning burnt-out Sherman and an amazingly detailed Humvee.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course someone brought medals to the meeting instead of models. :ermm:

Posted Image

Admin

If someone would be so kind as to post photo's of the meeting on the 20th of October I'd be very much obliged. I can't pull them off the old forum without them going all wonky for some reason. :-/

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
Ask and ye shall receive....

I think the October meet this year set a record for attendance with 16 in attendance. And a great selection of WIPs, completed builds and kits still in the box on show. Every thing from tanks, to bombers, bi-planes to stealth fighters, a few ships and even some figures. This is just a small part of the group who turned up ant the laden tables:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by 35th-Scale, Nov 3 2012, 09:13 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Admin

Thanks Sean. :>

Prenton
Member Avatar

Yes, a record attendance of 16 folks at this particular meeting. Good photos too, Sean, thanks :> (I didn't manage to get my usual shots of the meeting last time out.)

What might be also mentioned was Joe's idea that we have a more structured approach to the format of the meetings, including a presentation. Those there were in favour of the idea, and therefore we are going to try it out.

So Joe has volunteered (been volunteered!) to give us a presentation on rigging techniques for our next meeting, on 17th November at 11 a.m. I will be sending out an agenda for the meeting over the next week or so to the Dublin lads by e-mail, and will post something up here as well.

Cheers,

Philip

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Looking at Philip's Telford post and how effective the IPMS Ireland sign looked I think Joe's idea of an IPMS Dublin sign for the window of the Exchchnge would be great if anyone can print one in A3. It might be worth asking if Paul Walsh and Mark's Models would put a smaller version up permanently in their shops with contact details.

Just an idea.
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Branch Business & Meetings · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: