Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What did you get today?
Topic Started: Nov 3 2012, 09:06 PM (112,111 Views)
Jasonb
Member Avatar

I visited Mark's Models' 25th Birthday celebrations today, good to see the place doing well, lots of people around (including our own Vincent doing some demonstrations) and the place was tidier than I've ever seen it! :)

Anyhow, I didn't really have a plan to buy anything in particular, I just thought I'd get something for the day that's in it. This kit caught my eye and ended up coming home with me:

Posted Image

Always liked the Mosquito, and I knew I wouldn't be going wrong with a Tamyia kit (I've only ever made 2 of theirs, but they've both been a dream to make!). When I had a good look at it at home, I saw it has an all-black Night Fighter option, so I think I'll have to give that one a go. Easier to paint anyhow! :)

As well as getting 10% off the kit, I also got a goodie bag free with the kit. There were some brochures/catalogs in it, a sample styrene set and a keyring etc., but also two little kits! The first is what looks like a new tooling Airfix Spitfire Mk. Ia, done to look like Airfix's first ever Spitfire (thought with *much* better detail):

Posted Image

and the second is my first ever Biplane Triplane, though I think I'll be able to manage it!:

Posted Image

All in all, not a bad little trip!

J.

On the bench -
Tamiya 1:20 Ferrari F2001

Completed builds -
Click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prenton
Member Avatar

Nice haul, Jason!
Now that you have that Fokker - you will need to be there at the next Dublin Chapter meeting on 17th November, where Joe Moran has promised to give us a demo on rigging! I made it to Marks myself about 2.30 pm, and had a good chat with Vincent. Tony (our own Tony Murphy) will be coming in tomorrow from 1 pm to do demos on weathering using the AK range. I might go back for that. Anyhow, since I purchased nothing at all, it might be only right to go and buy something (even if only some paint..and maybe some of that weathering stuff.)

Philip

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Admin

That Mosquito looks awesome, will you be doing it for the Nightfighter group build?
Edited by Admin, Dec 22 2012, 05:00 PM.

Jasonb
Member Avatar

@Philip - Sure, you have to buy something! :)

@Sean - I have my Eduard Bf 110 for the Nightfighter build, but I'm thinking I might do two entries, and do the Mossie as well... :) I have to say, as much as I love some of the artwork on boxes (like some of the classic Airfix ones) I do like boxart that shows a completed model.

J.
On the bench -

Completed builds -
Click here

fs2005
Member Avatar

Terrific event ,congrats to Mark , Graham and all involved .Goodie bags were very generous indeed!If they charged by the hour browsing rather than by purchases theyd all be driving company Ferraris!Probably been visiting Hawkins St branch for most of that quarter century.Was there an overlap period when Marks and the Modellers Den off Fleet St was also open ?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Barry
Member Avatar

nice little bonus there jason....love the mossie

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
I was there from 1-2 today. Bumped into a few members: Joe, Pat, Don + Tony doing his demo. Good crowd and constant queue at the cash desk so seems to be doing well for them.
I picked up a Vietnam era M151 Mutt for the Jeep GB on Armorama and some paints. Got the goody bag with the same Spitfire and a tiny Hindenberg
Edited by 35th-Scale, Nov 4 2012, 05:05 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Hey I was there and I didn't get any goodie bag :( but maybe they were all gone. I just picked up a 1/76 Jagdpanzer IV L/70, a set of jerricans and some glue. There was some great chat around Tony's demo and Joe was busy recruiting likely looking modelers for the club. My first visit there but won't be the last since I often have to drop out to Citywest which is close by.

Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Homagerman
Member Avatar

I was in marks on Saturday, around 2-2:30ish. It was a flying vist, I picked up a 1/72 airfix hurricane with he IAC decals, 1/48 academy AH-64D (this is my birthday present from my 4 yr old)
I finally picked up a tin of tamiya racing blue so I can finish my Yamaha M1 and lastly I got a rivet maker b trumpeter. I got the same goodie bag as Sean - 35th-scale. Nice haul with a 10% discount.

James

Ps- Marks models spitfire group build anyone???
Edited by Homagerman, Nov 5 2012, 08:39 PM.
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

Dermot
Member Avatar

Aargghh!! Can't believe I missed this one. Nice purchases everyone and enjoy the plastic fondling that I'm sure's happening right now, ha ha!

Cheers,
Dermot
Gallery of my Completed Builds

On the Bench
1/72 Monogram F-105G Wild Weasel Vietnam GB

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
Just got my 1/48 twin Airfix Land Rovers (Snatch & WMIK) and a few other bits & bobs all the way from Telford. Thanks Steve!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Admin

Can we expect build logs soon? ;)

Jasonb
Member Avatar

It's taken a few days, but here's what I got earlier in the week. Firstly, from my lovely Wife, the latest Revell 1:72 B-17F, in a rather 'too-large' box:

Posted Image

And then I spoiled myself with another large aircraft, with no room to display them all:

Posted Image

This brings my 'stash' up to 5, probably the largest it's been. It should keep me busy 'til Spring...

J.
Edited by Jasonb, Nov 17 2012, 10:22 PM.
On the bench -

Completed builds -
Click here

Prenton
Member Avatar

Jasonb
Nov 17 2012, 10:21 PM
This brings my 'stash' up to 5, probably the largest it's been. It should keep me busy 'til Spring...

Five is a STASH! Huh. You need your kit numbers to be in at least 3 figures to justify as a real STASH - ask Paul!

Philip

(Nice kits, tho!)
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Prenton
Nov 17 2012, 10:38 PM
Jasonb
Nov 17 2012, 10:21 PM

Five is a STASH! Huh. You need your kit numbers to be in at least 3 figures to justify as a real STASH - ask Paul!

Philip

(Nice kits, tho!)
Hence me putting ' ' around the word Stash! :)

J.
On the bench -

Completed builds -
Click here

Admin

You could call it a stashette :P

Barry
Member Avatar

two very nice additions there Jason.. the belle is on my hit list of future projects

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
Arrive home this evening to find a wee package waiting:
Posted Image

Woo Hoo!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Admin

:O

That looks fantastic; more Live Resin?

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
Yup! Lovely stuff....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: