Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Brand New Revell At Toymaster / Banba!
Topic Started: Jan 5 2013, 07:27 PM (7,711 Views)
fs2005
Member Avatar

Was quite shocked at the new stuff in there today (top of Mary St near Maplins/Smyths) .Id heard an inkling that there was a 1/32 He219 due and they have it -it looks huge.But the big shocker for me was a 1/32 Lynx helicopter ,yup 1/32 !!!I bet Airfix are sickened with their 1/48 one not out long!if I recall the big Lynx was a very reasonable sounding 25 euro -not sure on the He219 -it may have been 40-80 or even more?Dont remember .Theyre well stocked in there right now with Airfix and Revell along with many others including Roden WW1 stuff ,Tamiya,Monogram,Italeri etc .Well worth a look!Lots of interesting stuff including separate 1/48 Ju52s in civil and combat schemes .A few pricey big 1/32 Trumpeters including the dearest kit Ive ever had in my hands , a 180 euro (ouch!) 1/32 F18(I think it was )
Oh and they had new Airfix box art versions of Sunderland and ,eh ,some other old reliable reliable reboxing ,which would bring a tear to a glass eye !!!Nice times for modelling scene !
Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Barry
Member Avatar

Looks like ill have to look next time I'm in the big smoke...that lynx will be well worth a look
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Barry
Member Avatar

That lynx is in sale now on ID models for 22 euro plus free delivery!! Good money for a 1/32

fs2005
Member Avatar

Was back in yesterday with the kids in tow and had another look.The He219 in 1/32 is 55 I think and the other Airfix classic with CGI graphics ALMOST as good as the old Roy Cross stuff is the WW1 bomber HP 0/400 (?).They have Academy and other brands as well as one mentioned above .They also have two of the new 1/144 scale Revell F16s (sadly only in aerobatic team colour scheme) .Its even more awesome than their Eurofighter Typhoon witha frankly mind blowing ejection seat (fourth pic down)

http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2239

a lot of the detail visible in pic was good as invisible to the naked eye its so tiny!
They also had the rereleased Canberra PR9 from Matchbox in new Revell box and an Airfix 1/48 Canberra "B" along with the 'american' Martin B57 (not sure -think in 1/72)
Edited by fs2005, Jan 7 2013, 11:48 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Murfv
Member Avatar
Abuser Of Plastic
Was there any sign of the Revell BSG bits being re-stocked?
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

Non functioning photo bucket link removed!

fs2005
Member Avatar

Had to google BSG although half guessed (Remember being TERRIFIED of ads for original BSG series/film in cinema 'back in the day' -google says I was only about 7 at time )I dont recall any but maybe give them a phone call?They def have new quickfit prepainted Revell Star Wars stuff .
Posted Image

Posted Image

Prenton
Member Avatar

It looks like a trip up to Mary Street would be worthwhile after the Dublin meeting next Saturday! It sounds like Banba/toymaster is worth a visit.

[Actually, thinking about it - it might be a bit safer going there from Temple Bar than going up to Parnell Square towards Blessington street,
or even down the quays past O'Connell Bridge down to Hawkins Street, in view of the potential "invasion" that seems to be planned by the
"northern brethren" into our fair city for next Saturday also. Mind you - based on past experience - it is the reaction from the other Northern
natives that is likely to be the more problematic. Anyone remember the "Love Ulster" riot????]

Best to stay away from these northern fanatics, whatever their background/opinion etc, if we can....

Philip

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
...a bit of sneaky 'politics banter''?
:off:
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

Admin

Link

Unfortunately FiSe this isn't so much political banter as a necessary warning to anyone travelling to the Dublin meeting on Saturday that it may be very unsafe in parts of the city.

However, now that the information is out there we can get back to talking about Toymaster and their stock.
Edited by Admin, Jan 9 2013, 10:26 AM.

FiSe
Member Avatar
Heil Mickey!
I am a bit confused... are we talking about 'One Direction' gig at The Point? Or about bunch of bargain hunters in Celtic jerseys? :$
Well, it doesn't matter at the end, as both of those are bloody disgrace ;)
Filip . . . .

Posted Image

35th-Scale
Member Avatar
Sean
It's Ed Sheeran in the Point this weekend....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Admin

Neither actually; a group of Loyalists from Belfast are planning to march through Dublin demanding we stop flying the Tricolour on government buildings. This is in relation, or perhaps retaliation, to the decision by Belfast City to stop flying the Union Jack over city hall. You may have heard on the news about the riots in East Belfast lately? I'm sure you're aware of the 2006 'Love Ulster' riots that happened in Dublin too?

Anyway, the fear is that the 2006 riots could repeat on Saturday and as such avoiding Dublin City centre is advisable.

Barry
Member Avatar

would there be a case for starting the meeting an hour earlier if possible?
just a suggestion..

Prenton
Member Avatar

Barry
Jan 9 2013, 12:43 PM
would there be a case for starting the meeting an hour earlier if possible?
just a suggestion..
Barry

as noted on the Dublin Meetings thread, we reckon that the Exchange is far enough away to be safe...So we will stick for the start at 11 am as usual.

Now, as Sean says - back to the topic. Anyone know if Banba / Toymaster has the Revell Milennium Falcon kit? I saw, on one of the PMS (UK) fb pages, a discussion that indicated Revell have done one (not sure what scale, but I think close to 1/72nd.) at about £40. The famous Fine Molds one is quoted at about £240, so the Revell offering might be an interesting one to get a look at.....

Philip

"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

Barry
Member Avatar

:>

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Ooh a Revell 1:72 Falcon would be excellent, I'll have to go looking...

J.
On the bench -
Italeri 1:72 ACH-47 Chinook Gunship

Completed builds -
Click here

Admin

I was in Toymaster today and had a quick look over their stock. They don't have BSG stock on the shelves nor did I notice a Falcon either. They do have the new Airfix 48th scale Lynx and associated sets though. Plenty of other stock in too.

Jasonb
Member Avatar

Ah, I've just found what I assume is it, and it's one of their Easy Kits...

J.
On the bench -
Italeri 1:72 ACH-47 Chinook Gunship

Completed builds -
Click here

Parkadge
Member Avatar

I haven't been in there recently but The Forbidden Planet on Crampton Quay (Between O Connell Bridge and The Halfpanny Bridge) usually has some revell kits so might have this new stock in.
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Prenton
Member Avatar

Good tip, Pat! I had forgotten about them. They did have some Star Trek kits in a couple of years ago - I think Murfv added to his extensive stash of Enterprises around then, and I got a Klingon Bird of Prey kit there, that is hiding (cloaked?) somewhere in the attic.

I'll take a look, maybe on Saturday.......now that Dublin city centre will still be available to us Dubliners.

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retailers · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: