Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Lidl & Aldi Special Offers ; What can they offer us?
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 12:01 PM (18,701 Views)
Barry
Member Avatar

35th-Scale
Dec 18 2015, 10:13 PM
Just nabbed one of the lights in Lidl Athy. Haven't tried the magnifier yet but the light is fantastic!
Yep was hugely impressed with the light and range of movement on it! A very smart investment!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

providerjack

I agree, my son bought me one for Christmas, light is good and magnifier is good too.

Opadag

Just looking at the ALDI website, I see for Thursday 25th they have the very handy storage drawers unit. Great for paints etc costing €9.99 each.
LINK: https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-25-feb/products-detail-page/ps/p/accessory-drawers-2/
David
Opadag
IPMS Ireland
AMSIG

Prenton
Member Avatar

The propagator set is also very useful for modellers - the trays for holding small bits, of course, but the lids are particularly useful for putting over painted kits/pieces while they are drying, to keep dust off etc.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-25-feb/products-detail-page/ps/p/propagator-set/

Philip
"To boldly go..."

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Opadag

Clever clogs! It's amazing how many household, in the broadest sense, items can be usefully used.
David
Opadag
IPMS Ireland
AMSIG

Parkadge
Member Avatar

Spotted some Disney Star Wars vehicles including The Millenium Falcon in Aldi Finglas. No idea of the quality but pricey enough €25
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

Posted Image

Marklo
Member Avatar

Aldi have a slew of hobby tools including an airbrush and compressor, some nice engravers and knives from the 24th.
On the Bench:-
BE2c Nightfighter 1:72
Sopwith Pup scratchbuild 1:48

Finished Builds:
A7V Scratchbuild /Saint Chamond Scratchbuild/Mk IV Heavy Tank
Airfix ME 109 /HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ ARC-170

Marklo
Member Avatar

I actually ended up buying one of each except for the compressor. Both Gorey and Arklow had a lot of stock of these and they don't seem to be moving so if they were to be suitably discounted I might complete the set.

I haven't opened the engraving tool yet but the rest are pretty good. The knife and files have become my main modelling tools, the saw is good but my old razor saw has a thinner (albeit more flexible) blade so I'm using both, same for the drills.
On the Bench:-
BE2c Nightfighter 1:72
Sopwith Pup scratchbuild 1:48

Finished Builds:
A7V Scratchbuild /Saint Chamond Scratchbuild/Mk IV Heavy Tank
Airfix ME 109 /HE51 Floatplane/Mig 21/Scratchbuilt 1913 Depredussin racer/ ARC-170

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hints & Tips, Tools & Resources · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: